Caring for Your Bramble Furniture
We at the Bramble Company are delighted that you purchased a piece of our furniture and hope that you enjoy if for many years to come.
Each of our Bramble Furniture pieces are handmade to last a lifetime, using the highest quality and sustainable materials. In most instances our furniture is built using solid mahogany, which like other woods can expand and contract with changes in temperature and humidity, caused by weather conditions or the use of heating and air-conditioning.
While all furniture built from wood will change slightly over time, the following are a few general instructions that will keep your furniture looking its best.
- Always use coasters and placemats on all finished surfaces.
- To give the piece additional luster you can use either a furniture wax of a good quality aerosol furniture polish.
- Dust regularly using a dry lint-free cloth.
In case of a spill, use a damp cloth and natural non-chemical soap.
- Wipe in the direction of the grain and timber natural fibers.
- Dry with a soft clean cloth to prevent water marks and permanent spotting.
- For a deeper cleaning, use mild soap and warm water, rinse and wipe dry.
- Metal items should be dusted with a soft lint free cloth.
- Please refrain from the use of steel wool, sandpaper, bleach, or other chemical cleaners.
- Because leather can dry out and crack, Bramble Furniture recommends you keep leather furniture at least 2 feet from heat sources and direct sunlight.
- Clean the piece with a damp sponge or microfiber cloth.
- You can use a high-quality leather cleaner to add luster and to enrich the leather.
Some of our items are upholstered with a highly durable LiveSmart fabric that allows for easy cleanup of spills. Other items should be professionally cleaned.
You can maintain the look and comfort of the items by following these guidelines:
- Keep upholstered furniture out of direct sunlight.
- Vacuum surfaces weekly.
- Flip cushions and pillows regularly.
- Wipe up any spills and spots as soon as you see them.
- While we love them dearly, pets can take years off the life of a sofa or chair.